Room Selection Assignment Change Wait List
Residents who are interested in obtaining a space other than the one they received during Room Selection may submit their name to the Room Selection Assignment Change Wait List to request a space in another living area that might become available during or after the open cancellation period.
Only residents who have already selected a housing assignment for the 2015–2016 academic year are eligible to submit a Room Selection assignment change form. Assignment change forms will be available online during the week of General Selection through mid-summer and can be submitted at that time.
If you have selected an assignment for the 2015–2016 academic year, you can submit the form below to request a room change.
Assignment change offers begin after all residents with Open Assignments are assigned. Offers are based on class standing and Room Selection number (if applicable) and are made through the summer months as space becomes available.
Students will be contacted when an assignment change offer is available; if you don't hear from us, it means that there is not an assignment change offer for us to give to you. Submitting a change request form does not guarantee an assignment change.
The Assignment Change Wait List Timeline
- General Room Selection begins on Friday, February 27, 2015; Change Wait List forms are accepted on a rolling basis as residents participate in Room Selection.
- The Open Cancellation period begins Friday, March 6, 2015.
- Residents with Open Assignments are assigned to all new vacancies created by cancellations.
- After all Open Assignment residents are permanently assigned, assignment change offers for the Fall 2015 semester begin.
- June 1, 2015 — Room change offers cease temporarily as new incoming first-year residents are assigned.
- Around July 1, 2015 — After all first-year students are assigned, room change offers will resume, if space exists.