Housing Rate Information
Housing rates are determined by a number of factors, including average square footage of the room, proximity to a semi-private bathroom, number of residents, amenities within the room/apartment and/or building, and many other factors. Housing rates for different buildings and room types vary greatly, so be sure to familiarize yourself with the housing rates before selecting a housing assignment.
There are three fees that you agree to when you select a housing assignment during Room Selection; the:
1. Housing rate for the actual bed space you have signed up for (see below)
2. $400 housing reservation fee
3. $15 dorm activity fee
- 2015-2016 Housing Rates - Coming soon
- 2015-2016 Staff Housing Rates (for RAs and CAs only) - Coming soon
- 2014-2015 Housing Rates [PDF] - for reference only; 2015-2016 rates will increase an average of 3-5%
- Staff Housing Rates (for RAs and CAs only) [PDF] - for reference only; 2015-2016 rates will increase an average of 3-5%
Note about the Housing Reservation Fee
The $400 Housing Reservation Fee is a published fee, and is NOT a deposit. This fee is non-refundable except under the conditions outlined in the “Cancellations” section. This $400 fee is charged once per academic year (on the July bill) to all residents who sign up for university housing at any point during the academic year (excluding summer term), including residents whose stay in university housing extends through only one semester or part of one semester (i.e. exchange students,) and residents who sign up for housing during Room Selection but leave the university over the summer, mid-year, or ultimately do not move into their housing assignment.The $400 reservation fee is not due to be paid until the date that all university fees are due (usually in August.) When students agree to the fee on the Housing License Agreement, they are simply acknowledging that they will be responsible for paying the fee on their student account, refundable ONLY during the open cancellation period in April.