RA/CA Housing-Housing Services — Room Selection - Carnegie Mellon University

RA/CA Housing

Resident Assistant (RA) and Community Advisor (CA) housing spaces are filled through an application process conducted by the Student Life Office.

Interested individuals can find more information at: http://www.studentaffairs.cmu.edu/student-life/RA selection/.

Eligibility note: Students do not need to be eligible for Room Selection in order to apply for an RA or CA position.

Once a student is offered and accepts an RA or CA position with the Student Life Office, they will be asked to sign a form acknowledging that the room will not be retainable in the future and that they will need to sign their Housing License Agreement online. Housing Services will process the housing assignments based on the information provide by Student Life.  Once the assignments are processed, the RA or CA will need to sign their Housing License Agreement through the online Room Selection Application.

Assigned RAs/CAs are not eligible to participate in any future phases of Room Selection. If a RA/CA hire previously retained their room, their assignment will be changed once their RA/CA placement is received by the Housing Services office.

Some RA/CA room assignments are in multi-occupant suites or apartments. RA/CA's hired for these spaces may be offered the option of pulling in roommates, and should follow the process for pull-ins outlined on the Room with a Resident who Retained page.  All roommate pull-ins must occur during pull-ins week; after that time no pull-ins will be permitted. Pull-ins must be eligible for Room Selection, which means they must be current Spring 2015 university housing residents; roommates cannot be pulled in from Greek or off-campus housing.

Questions regarding RA/CA selection should be directed to the Student Life Office.