Living-Learning Communities provide residents with the opportunity to live in a community based around a common theme, surrounded by other residents with similar interests. Living-Learning Communities are filled thorugh an application-only process - all interested residents are encouraged to apply!
Application begins: Monday, March 3, 2014
Deadline: Friday, March 7 @ 12 p.m. (noon)
Henderson Wellness Housing
Henderson Wellness House is a living community designed to promote holistic health and well-being within a traditional residence hall setting. Residents of Henderson House agree to maintain a substance free lifestyle (which includes no alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs) for both themselves and their guests as part of a healthy lifestyle and are expected to participate in health education initiatives provided within Henderson House and the campus community.
- Current upper-class residents of Henderson House should retain their current room through the online process. Pull-ins into Henderson House are not permitted during pull-ins week, but residents who retain and have a preferred roommate in mind should email email@example.com to indicate their preference, and have their preferred roommate complete the Henderson Wellness Application. Some priority consideration will be given to applicants who are requested as pull-ins, but the person must still apply and be accepted into the program in order to be assigned to Henderson House.
- Current first-year residents of Henderson House should reapply by submitting the Living-Learning Communities Application. Priority consideration will be given to current Henderson residents.
- Non-Henderson residents who are eligible for Room Selection should apply by submit the Henderson Wellness House Application. If a current resident wishes to pull you in, please be sure to list their name on your application.
The CMU Sustainability House is an experiential learning experience dedicated to sustainability and environmentally conscious living in the campus community. This house community provides an opportunity for you to live and connect with students who share similar interests, academic and personal goals. This community capitalizes on our students' concerns and passions for the environment and sustainability. This intitiative works in collaboration with student organizations and campus and community environmental resources in order to enhance peer-to-peer learning about sustainability. If you are ready to take the next step in promoting positive environmental community awareness and change on the Carnegie Mellon campus and beyond, then the Sustainability House is for you.
The Application Process
Residents who are interested in applying for residence in a Living-Learning Community should submit the following materials by 12 p.m. on Friday, March 7, 2014:
- Start a 2014-2015 Academic Year Room Selection application
- Select "Living-Learning Community" on the "Process Selection" page of the application
- Submit an essay response to the prompt in the application that relates to the community you are applying for
- Complete the "Confirm Process" page of the application
Completed applications (those that finished the "Confirm process" step) will be reviewed the week of March 10th and assignments for all accepted applicants will be sent out on Thursday, March 20. Residents will then have 48 hours to sign their electronic housing license agreement to confirm their housing assignment through the online application.
Residents who applied but were not selected can go back into the application and opt to participate in either Block Housing or General Room Selection before the posted deadlines for each respective process.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.