Henderson Wellness Housing
For the 2013–2014 academic year, Henderson House will be filled through an application process, so that residents who are interested in living in a wellness theme community have the opportunity to do so surrounded by residents with similar interests. Current residents of Henderson House will receive priority when making assignments, with remaining spaces being filled by applicants outside of the Henderson House community. All interested residents are encouraged to apply!
- Current upper-class residents of Henderson House should retain their current room through the online process. Pull-ins into Henderson House are not permitted during pull-ins week, but residents who retain and have a preferred roommate in mind should email email@example.com to indicate their preference, and have their preferred roommate complete the Henderson Wellness Application. Some priority consideration will be given to applicants who are requested as pull-ins, but the person must still apply and be accepted into the program in order to be assigned to Henderson House.
- Current first-year residents of Henderson House should reapply by submitting the Henderson Wellness House Application. Priority consideration will be given to current Henderson residents.
- Non-Henderson residents who are eligible for Room Selection should apply by submit the Henderson Wellness House Application. If a current resident wishes to pull you in, please be sure to list their name on your application.
About Henderson Wellness House
Henderson Wellness House is a living community designed to promote holistic health and well-being within a traditional residence hall setting. Residents of Henderson House agree to maintain a substance free lifestyle (which includes no alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs) for both themselves and their guests as part of a healthy lifestyle and are expected to participate in health education initiatives provided within Henderson House and the campus community.
The Application Process
Residents who are interested in applying for residence in Henderson Wellness House would submit the following materials by 12 p.m. on Monday, March 18 2013:
- Start a 2013-2014 Academic Year Room Selection application
- Select "Henderson Wellness" on the "Process Selection" page of the application
- Submit an essay to the Henderson Wellness essay prompt in the application
- Complete the "Confirm Process" page of the application
Completed applications (those that finished the "Confirm process" step) will be reviewed the week of March 18th and assignments for all accepted applicants will be sent out on Friday, March 22. Residents will then have 48 hours to sign their electronic housing license agreement to confirm their housing assignment through the online application.
Residents who applied but were not selected can go back into the application and opt to participate in either Block Housing or General Room Selection before the posted deadlines for each respective process.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.