As parents, your top priority is making sure your children are safe, happy, and in an environment that inspires and supports them in all facets of their lives. Carnegie Mellon Housing Services makes that very commitment to your child through the residential life experience.
The college residential experience significantly contributes to academic success, graduating on time, and the positive development of the whole student. Carnegie Mellon guarantees housing for students for their four undergraduate years (as long as they live in university housing), and we encourage it. Living on Carnegie Mellon University's campus provides students with:
- A 24/7 community of support
- A place where safety is a top priority
- A residential experience that fosters personal development, meaningful engagement, and life-long relationships
- Convenience to all academic buildings, the university center, and 34 dining locations
- Fully furnished rooms and spaces
- All-inclusive living, including housing, utilities, cable, and Internet
Room Selection is the process when students make their university housing decisions for the 2017-18 academic year. It begins on Wednesday, February 22, 2017. Below is a checklist that will help you and your student stay on track with Room Selection 2017:
- Verify that that your student is eligible to participate in Room Selection.
- Decide which phase of Room Selection he or she should participate in.
- Be familiar with Room Selection important dates and deadlines.
- Find a roommate or roommates.
- Sign the Housing License Agreement.
Other Resources for Parents:
- Housing Rates
- CMU Housing Rates Compared to Other Universities and Off-Campus Locations
- Room Selection Calendar and Timeline
- What's included in on-campus housing?
- Important Questions to Ask before Moving Off Campus
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you have further questions, please contact Housing Services at email@example.com or 412-268-2139. We are here to help!