General Eligibility for Room Selection 2015
In order to participate in Room Selection 2015, you must be “room selection eligible.” In general, only current first-year, sophomore, and junior housing residents are eligible for Room Selection (rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors.)
For more information about your eligibility, click on the link to the left that best describes you. If you are a current resident of university housing, click on your class standing. If you are not currently living in university housing, click on the link that describes your current living situation.
Some Room Selection options - such as RA/CA Housing - have eligibility requirements that are different than those listed above. In these instances, the specific eligibility requirements are detailed in the description of that specific process.
Who is Eligible?
- Current on-campus housing residents AND current Greek housing residents whose current class standing is First-Year, Sophomore, or Junior (class 1, 2 or 3)
- Students studying abroad who lived in campus housing the semester prior to going abroad (please email firstname.lastname@example.org before February 1, 2015 to request/confirm eligibility)
Who is NOT Eligible?
- Students living in off-campus housing
- Current residents who are seniors (class 4 or 5; can request an exception for eligibility)
- Graduate students (current graduate residents will be invited to participate in a separate process)
- Undergraduate students who will be graduate students in the fall (including students in accelerated Master's programs)
- New incoming first-year students who will be starting at CMU for the first time in the Fall 2016 semester
Remember -Simply being eligible for Room Selection does not mean that you will automatically be assigned a space in housing. Residents are responsible for taking the necessary steps required to participate in Room Selection. Each phase of Room Selection has its own dates, deadlines, and steps that need to be completed in order to secure a housing assignment for next year.
Questions about your eligibility?
If you are unsure of your eligibility status or would like to verify eligibility, please contact us at: email@example.com.