How Do I Apply?-Housing Services - Carnegie Mellon University

How Do I Apply?

First-Year Students

As a first-year student, you can apply for university housing through our online application once you have been admitted and your enrollment deposit has been paid. The enrollment deposit includes a pre-payment of the housing reservation fee — a fee that is charged annually to all residents in university housing. In order to access the first-year housing application, you will first need to set up your Andrew ID.

If you have already been admitted to the university and paid your enrollment deposit, be sure to check out the application information under "Incoming Students" for specific dates and deadlines.

First-year housing applications are processed in the order that enrollment deposits are received and processed by the Office of Admissions, not in the order that the housing applications are received.

Transfer Students

As an undergraduate transfer student, you can apply for housing through the online upper-class housing application. Housing applications for transfer students are processed in order of application date, and are part of a larger pool of applicants that include exchange students and students returning to university housing from off-campus or Greek housing.

Exchange Students

Incoming undergraduate exchange students should apply for housing using the online upper-class housing application. Exchange students who have not received their Andrew ID still can use the online application form by clicking the "Next" button at the end of the online form.