What To Bring
The following lists are designed to provide you with some general information regarding what to pack before you leave your home.
Also, be sure to coordinate with your roommate or roommates to find out what they are bringing to eliminate duplicate items in the room.
What's Already in the Room?
- Bed with 39" x 80" extra long mattress and mattress protector will be provided; you need to bring your own linens
- Desk and chair
- Bookshelf or hutch (as applicable)
- Closet or wardrobe
- Safety rails and ladder for lofted or bunked bed
- Window coverings
- High speed Internet Service (Wireless, Ethernet connections or Comcast Broadband Internet Service)
- Basic Cable TV service with activated cable TV jack (You will need to bring a cable-ready digital TV and a coaxial cable to connect.)
- Phone jacks are not active in student rooms. There are centrally located community phones available in each area. Use of cell phones is encouraged for personal use.
- Maintenance (students pay separately for room and public area damages)
- alarm clock
- clothes (and remember, it gets cold in Pittsburgh!)
- clothes hangers
- desk lamp
- laundry basket/bag and laundry soap
- linens and towels (sheets, pillows, washcloths, etc.)
- mugs, cups, plates, utensils
- storage bins
- toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- University documents
- bicycle and bike lock
- microwave *
- power strip/surge protector
- stereo/CD player
What NOT To Bring
- hot plates
- pets (except for fish in an aquarium or seeing-eye dogs)
- space heater
- swimming pools or hot tubs