Forbes House (one of the university auxiliary properties) is a three-bedroom house with 3 private bedrooms, a shared bathroom, shared kitchen, and living room. It is available to graduate students only. This house is only a few blocks from campus and near bus stops and campus facilities. This option includes a fully-furnished house and rooms, as well as all utilities including a free washer and dryer.
The rate for a room in Forbes House is $10,470 per academic year ($5435 charged in the fall semester and $5035 charged in the spring semester), with all utilities included (cable, wireless Internet, laundry in house, electricity, sewage, gas and air conditioning).
This house is only available for a full academic year lease (August 12, 2016 through noon on May 22, 2017. Early arrivals or extensions to these dates will not be available.
The amenities included in the cost of the rent are:
- All utilities (gas, electric, cable, wireless Internet, sewage and air conditioning)
- Free laundry (washer and dryer are located in the house)
- Fully furnished in all rooms of the house
- Private bedroom with personal lock and key
- Street parking through Pittsburgh Parking Authority for $20 per year
The House is located on Forbes Avenue, near Margaret Morrison Street, very close to campus.
Interested graduate students should complete a 2016-2017 Academic Year housing application and select "Auxiliary Properties" as their first building choice.