Primetime TV: Fall Line-Up
Grab a snack and settle in as your favorite stars from Carnegie Mellon University's School of Drama light up primetime TV.
New this fall on NBC is The Event, a conspiracy thriller starring Blair Underwood (A'88). Aaron Staton (A'04) is back on screen in AMC's award-winning drama Mad Men. Tamara Tunie (A'81) returns to NBC's hit series Law and Order: SVU, as does Cote DePablo (A'00) to NCIS on CBS.
More fall highlights include:
- Ted Danson (A'72), Bored to Death, HBO
- Ming-Na (A'86), Stargate Universe, Syfy
- Abby Brammell (A'01), Lie to Me, Fox
- Anthony Carrigan (A'06), Law and Order: Criminal Intent, NBC
- Josh Gad (A'03), The Daily Show, Comedy Central
- Katy Mixon (A'03), Mike and Molly, Two and a Half Men, CBS
- Rhys Coiro (A'02), Entourage, HBO; Dark Blue, TNT; Burn Notice, USA
- David Hornsby (A'98), It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, FX
- Joe Mangianello (A'04), True Blood, HBO
Also keep an eye on the credits. You'll notice CMU has plenty of stars behind the scenes as well, including:
- Rustin Davis (A'06), key set production assistant, Cougar Town, ABC
- Brett Benner (A'90), casting director, Cougar Town, ABC; One Tree Hill, The CW
- Kourtney Kang (A'00), supervising producer, How I Met Your Mother, CBS
- Kristen Hwang (A'08), production associate, CBS News New York
- Becky Frey (A'05), costume production assistant, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, NBC
- Clark Perry (A'02), writer, V, ABC
- Sallie Patrick (A'02), writer, Life Unexpected, The CW
- Kyle Billingsley (A'04), foley mixer, Flash Forward, Castle, Brothers & Sisters, all on ABC
- John Shaffner (A'76), production designer, Mike and Molly, Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, CBS; The Conan O'Brien Show, TBS
- Michael Mayer (A'75), production designer, Bones, Fox
- Jessica Kender (CMU'97), production designer, Dexter, Showtime
- Alex Fuller (A'92), art director, The Defenders, CBS
- Joe Stewart (A'77), production designer, The Conan O'Brien Show, TBS
- Edward L. Rubin (A'82) art director, Love Bites, NBC
- Mark Worthington (A'91) production designer, Love Bites, NBC
- Candance Brekka (A'10) art department production assistant, Love Bites, NBC
Before you know it, January will arrive to find Matt Bomer (A'00) starring in a new season of White Collar on USA. Ian Harding (A'09) and Chuck Hittinger (A'05) also return to the screen in January with Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family. Meanwhile, be on the lookout for Pablo Schreiber (A'00) who will be co-starring in Lights Out, a new drama about an aging heavyweight boxer on FX.
Check your local listings for dates and times.
Carnegie Mellon's School of Drama is one of the world’s preeminent theater arts conservatory programs. Graduates have made indelible contributions to the national and international arts communities as practicing artists, crafts persons, educators, theorists, entrepreneurs, administrators and arts innovators.