Monday, July 21, 2014
AlcoholEdu + Haven
New undergraduate students: Begin the course July 21
At Carnegie Mellon, all first-year and new undergraduate students are expected to complete AlcoholEdu for College + Haven – an online alcohol education and sexual violence prevention course. Whether or not a student drinks alcohol, this course is intended to empower students to make well-informed decisions and help them contribute to a safe and positive campus environment for everyone. This course has two parts; both must be completed.
- Course opens on July 21, 2014 It takes about 2 hours to complete and can be done in multiple sittings
- Part One Exam must be completed by August 11, 2014 A grade of at least 75% is required
- Part Two must be completed by October 20, 2014 You will receive an email invitation to complete Part Two
Instructions:1. Always access the course from these links:
2. Create your account from the registration page. You will not need to create an additional username or password.
3. You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section (section ends are marked with a “Next” button; DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section).
Technical issues? Click the "Technical Help" button located in the upper right corner of every screen (available 24/7).
A note about course surveys:
The course includes surveys that ask about alcohol-related and sexual attitudes and behaviors. Please answer all questions honestly. Course completion time will not be affected by your answers and all survey responses are strictly confidential. We will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see any individual student’s answers.
Non-technical questions can be directed to Lauren Aikin-Smith or your Housefellow.