Carnegie Mellon University Facts
- We have more than 4,900 faculty and staff working at two campuses in the Silicon Valley, California, and Education City, Qatar, and in 12 countries.
- The university has more than $300 million in sponsored-research revenue.
- More than 200 spin-off companies and 9,000 jobs in the Pittsburgh region have been created by faculty, staff and students in the past 15 years.
- More than 17,000 alumni live in Pennsylvania, with more than 75,500 alumni overall.
- Carnegie Mellon hails 16 Nobel Prize winners, 96 Emmy Award winners, 20 Tony Award winners, six Academy Award winners.
- An internationally recognized university, Carnegie Mellon is ranked 21st in the world by the London Times Higher Education Supplement and 21st in U.S. News & World Report's World's Best Colleges: Top 400 international listing.
- We have an undergraduate and graduate student population of more than 10,000, with an international student population drawing from 107 countries.