SALT Financial Literacy Program
SALT is an online financial literacy program designed to help students and alumni easily manage their money and student loans. Carnegie Mellon is committed to enhancing students' financial literacy and has partnered with American Student Assistance, a nonprofit organization, to offer this free service.
SALT program members will be able to take advantage of features, like:
- Interactive money management tools that show you how to take control of your finances.
- A personal dashboard that helps you to manage your federal student loan debt in one place.
- Loan advice from SALT’s expert counselors.
- My Money 101 - a self-paced, online resource that teaches you practical money management strategies for budgeting, credit cards, banking and more.
- Access to thousands of jobs and internships to jumpstart your career.
*Be sure to indicate 'Carnegie Mellon University' as your school at login.
For questions regarding this program, please feel free to contact Linda Anderson, Director of Student Financial Aid.