CSS PROFILE/IDOC FAQs-Student Financial Aid - Carnegie Mellon University


Visit the College Board's website for more information about CSS PROFILE and IDOC.

Is the student required to file the CSS PROFILE only if he/she wants to borrow a non-need based loan (a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Student Loan or a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan)?

What is the last date to file the 2017-18 CSS PROFILE?

Is the student eligible for a fee waiver?

How does the student make corrections to his/her CSS PROFILE after it has been submitted?

If the student or parent is a non-tax filer, what do they submit?

The student and parent(s) are not U.S. citizens and will not file U.S. income tax returns. The student received a letter from the College Board directing him/her to submit tax documents through IDOC. Some of the requested documents aren't applicable to the student's situation. What should he/she send to the College Board?

How does the student receive an IDOC Cover Sheet?

Where can the student find his/her IDOC ID?

If documents are faxed or mailed to CMU, instead of being mailed to the CSS IDOCS Processing Center, what happens to them?

How does the student learn what documents he/she needs to send to the College Board?

How does the student ensure prompt processing of his/her information?

Where should the student send his/her IDOC information?

Can students/parents send in more than one IDOC packet?

How does the student verify that the College Board has received his/her IDOC packet and has forwarded it to student's college or program that requested it?

How long does it take to process the student's information once the College Board receives it?