Frequently Asked Questions-Student Financial Aid - Carnegie Mellon University

Frequently Asked Questions

How do my Work-Study earnings post to my student account?

How can I find which Work-Study jobs are available - and once I find one, where do I apply?

Am I guaranteed to receive a Work-Study job if I have Work-Study eligibility?

What do Work-Study jobs pay?

How do I know if I am eligible for Federal Work-Study?

If I am NOT eligible for Federal Work-Study, can I receive additional grant money?

Am I still able to apply for a job on campus if I am NOT eligible for Federal Work-Study?

I would like to work with a professor to do research and am eligible for Federal Work-Study; how can I use my Work-Study earnings to pay for this?

How can I use Federal Work-Study funding for an off-campus job?

Are there any off-campus jobs available if I am NOT eligible for Work-Study?