The Carnegie Mellon campus offers students and faculty more than 400 computers in several computer labs (known as clusters) Windows, Macs and
Linux machines are available in the clusters and most are open 24/7. In addition to computer clusters, faculty and staff can also take advantage of
the wireless network.
Below, you'll find links to everything from finding a great price on a computer to making sure you have cable in your dorm room.
- Computing Services is a resource for answers to all of your campus computing questions
- Clusters includes hours of operation and locations of all campus computer clusters
- Computer Education offers training opportunities for staff and faculty
- Computer Repairs repairs hardware for students, faculty and staff at reasonable prices
- Computer Store offers discounts for students, faculty and staff buying hardware, software and accessories
- Documentation gives how-to instructions for using many tools on the Andrew network
- Help Center consultants are available by phone and email 7am-7pm, Monday-Friday, walk-in
service is 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
- Media Tech offers equipment lending and event support as well as support for classroom
- Phone & Cable TV provides basic and advanced telecommunications services including
telephones, voicemail, conference calling and long distance