Services & Support
Currently, Campus Affairs Systems supports the legacy systems at Carnegie Mellon University by:
- Facilitating user access to Student Information System (SIS) in accordance with security protocol and departmental requests, and work with Computing Services to ensure the stability of the SIS database.
- Monitoring and maintaining web applications for the Office of Undergraduate Admission, such as Now that I’m enrolling and Where Am I In The Process.
- Ensuring successful batch processing through monitoring and error resolution.
- Providing training on and improvements to the Academic Audit process.
- Maintaining and improving Graduation Management functions in the S3 Admin Console.
- Supporting and monitoring the Egrades and Advanced Placement (AP) scores processes.
Student Services Suite (S3)
In support of the Student Services Suite, we help develop, maintain, and improve the functionality in Student Information Online (SIO), SIO Admin Console, My Plaid Student (MPS), and the S3 Admin Console.
We also maintain communications and data transfer with external systems such as FolderWave, PowerFAIDS and StarRez.
Production Services performs administrative duties including:
- Limited remote backup executions
- Collecting of Data Security Agreements
- Ensuring timely updates of those documents
- Aiding users in re-establishing passwords
- Working with Computing Services to create user accounts for both S3 and legacy applications
- Providing access to the legacy SIS screens
System Administration & Server Support
Campus Affairs Systems maintains server environments for Student Affairs, ROTC, Campus Police, CAVE (Campus Affairs Virtual Server Environment), Undergraduate Admission Content Management System, Facilities Management Services, Health Services, and other areas as needed.