Monday, August 4, 2014
Notice of change: 2014-15 Final exam schedule
This fall, the final examination period and reading day schedule will be as follows:
- Reading Days - Saturday, Dec. 6 and Sunday, Dec. 7
- Final Examinations - Monday, Dec. 8 and Tuesday, Dec. 9
- Reading Day - Wednesday, Dec. 10
- Final Examinations - Thursday, Dec. 11 and Friday, Dec. 12
- Reading Day - Saturday, Dec. 13
- Final Examinations - Sunday, Dec. 14
- Makeup Final Examinations - Monday, Dec. 15
Following a more than two-year community-driven process, a decision has been reached by the Faculty Senate to alter the exam and reading day schedule for CMU in order to shorten the length of the fall semester examination schedule by two days and the spring semester exam and reading day schedule by one day. This decision was affirmed by the President’s Management Team on February 19, 2013.
This schedule reflects a change from previous academic calendars. Please note that the exam schedule includes Sunday as an examination day, which is a change from previous semesters. The incorporation of a make-up examination day into the exam period will provide more flexibility when scheduling student make-up exams.
For more information, faculty and staff should refer to the Enrollment Services’ Final Exam page and the Carnegie Mellon University Policies on Examinations.
The final exam schedule will be available in early October 2014. Questions about the new schedule may be submitted to University Registrar John Papinchak at email@example.com.