The IECM software runs in the following environments:
- Windows XP (32 bit only)
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- MacOS X (Intel) and Linux under Wine
(The use of the IECM under Wine is not officially supported, however we will try to avoid doing anything that would cause it to stop working.)
Contact us to be notified of new updates.
Download the Current Public Version (9.2.1) now.
MacOS X and Linux users: you will need to install the IECM under Wine. See the readme file for more details.
You may view the license here.
This version includes several new technology options and updates, plus major enhancements to the user interface that we think you’ll like.
- Change Log:
- Changes since the January 14 update to 9.1 (126.96.36.199):
- Session Database:
- Upon startup, click "Open Sessions" to access two NETL Bituminous Baseline cases: Case 11 (supercritical PC plant) and Case 12 (SCPC with post-combustion CCS). Both cases are based on the 2013 (Revision 2a) NETL study. [Note: A future IECM will add two new SCPC cases based on the 2015 (Revision 3) NETL Bituminous Baseline report.]
- Technology Model Updates:
- The default cost year was updated to 2014.
- The power use for wet cooling tower was updated for NGCC plants with and without CCS.
- For the wet cooling tower, an alum dosage was added to makeup water treatment.
- For chemical wastewater treatment, the default and maximum values of alum dosage were updated.
- For the amine-based CO2 capture system, sorbent loss calculations were updated to account for losses associated with flue gas acid gasses entering the absorber.
- Fuel properties may now be used in batch processing to run multiple cases with different user-specified fuel composition.
- Bug Fixes and Adjustments:
- Two reporting errors were corrected, including mislabeled results on the aux boiler diagram for the ammonia-based CO2 capture system, and makeup water for the membrane-based CO2 capture system.
- For the wet FGD system module: the unused parameter "Stacking Cost" was removed from the O&M Set Parameters screen. An inconsistency between reagent use and cost calculations was fixed. An error in the WetFGD/ Lime configuration was fixed.
- For the oxyfuel and amine-based CO2 capture systems, a couple of unit conversion errors were fixed.
- The amount of activated carbon used for amine-based CO2 capture was added to the Set Parameters screen.
Some contingency costs did not allow values outside the range shown on the Set Parameter screen. Now they are allowed with a warning.
- The number of significant figures in unit conversion factors and molecular weights were increased to reduce round-off errors.
- In the uncertainty editor, a couple of unit conversion errors for nominal values have been fixed.
- January 14, 2016 update to Public Version 9.1 (188.8.131.52):
- This update corrects a crash when "Plant or Project Book Life" was changed.
- October 22, 2015 update to Public Version 9.1 (184.108.40.206):
- This update corrects an error in the WetFGD + Lime configuration for PC plants.
- Changes Since Beta Version 9.0.1:
- This version includes additional technology options and updates, plus bug fixes. The major changes include:
- Three new configurations for oxyfuel combustion, depending on the coal sulfur level.
- Updates to the capital cost model of the post-combustion chemical looping system.
- Update to the CO2 product compressor cost model for the IGCC/Selexol capture system.
- Update to the default thermal efficiency of auxiliary gas-fired power plants for post-combution carbon capture (amine- and ammonia-based systems).
- Bug fixes related to the new interface.
- Adjustment to some titles for consistency across screens.
- Edit functions such as copy, paste, and print available on most screens.
- Changes Since Public Version 8.0.2:
- Software Enhancements:
- A new collapsible menu for navigation instead of the previous upper and lower "tabs"
- A new "Configure Session" step at the top of the menu, where unit conversion options are now located
- A new analytical option in the interface called "Analysis Tools" (with some cool stuff)
- Addition of process diagrams to the Set Parameters screens
- Various adjustments to user interface screens for better readability and consistency.
- Technology Additions and Updates:
- A new site-specific CO2 storage cost model and geological reservoir database
- A new post-combustion calcium looping-based CO2 capture system for PC plants
- A new option for IGCC plants to specify custom fuels and resulting syngas composition
- Update to default process and project contingency factors for all IECM technologies in the Set Parameters screens (to reflect their current level of maturity and cost estimating basis)
- Updates to the oxyfuel performance and cost models for PC plants, including the air separation unit, compression & purification unit, and direct contact cooler
- Update to cost model of pre-combustion chemical looping option for IGCC plants
- Update to direct capital costs of IGCC plants
- Bug fixes related to certain performance and cost parameters.
These are being temporarily provided for those who need an older version, e.g. students who have been told to use a specific version for a class. If you do not need an older version, we encourage you to Download the Current Public Version (9.2.1) instead.
Download Public Version 9.1 now.
Download Public Version 8.0.2 now.
Download a conversion utility to allow you to use old session and fuel databases in newer versions of the IECM (starting with 8.0.1). This utility only runs under Windows.