OverviewAll applicants who wish to be considered for any degree program within or associated with the School of Music must complete their Carnegie Mellon University and School of Music applications by December 1:
- Submit the Common Application and all other required supporting materials to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Indicate one of three options on Section IV of the Common Application Supplement:
- Complete the School of Music Application on the School of Music website and pay the $50.00 audition or portfolio review fee.
- Review and follow the instructions and requirements for your specific program choice:
- Applicants are notified of their audition or portfolio review results in writing only after all auditions and reviews are finished. Results will be mailed no later than April 1. If the audition result is favorable, the School of Music will recommend acceptance to the
Office of Admission, and the Office of Admission will determine if the student's academic records meet the standards of Carnegie Mellon. If the audition result is not favorable, the applicant will not be admitted to the School of Music, but could be admitted to Carnegie Mellon through an existing application to another school of study.