Production Technology & Management
Applicants to Production Technology & Management should already have practical experience in theatre, as well as some background in mathematics and physics, organization and management or both. Applicants must demonstrate basic proficiency in project planning and execution by submitting a portfolio for review.
Portfolio Review Guidelines
- Provide 15 examples of work including:
- Evidence of your thought process for technical or management solutions
- Drafting, drawing or CAD
- Paperwork you've used/developed for schedules, reports, budgets, estimates, etc.
- Photos of work both finished and in process
- Not all samples have to pertain directly to theatre
- Include a resume
- The portfolio review will also include a short interview, where we will get a sense of your drive, aptitude for production technology and management, and fit for this rigorous program
- Arrange for two letters of recommendation* from people capable of describing your work and evaluating your professional promise to be sent directly to the address below by December 1.
Office of Admission - Drama Design/PTM
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890
*Please do not send any materials directly to the School of Drama