Applicants to the School of Drama's Acting must fulfill the audition requirement, which is the main basis for admission.
All applicants interested in auditioning for both the Music Theatre and Acting options should sign-up for the Music Theatre option. This one audition will be sufficient to address the needs/requirements of both programs.
- Perform two contrasting monologues:
- One classical monologue from a play written before 1900 with an emphasis on heightened language
- One contemporary piece written in the 20th or 21st century
- Each monologue should last approximately 1.5 minutes
- Both pieces should be within your natural age range
- Be sure you've read the entire play containing the monologue so you can demonstrate an understanding of the character and situation involved
- You may use hand props, but not costumes
- Be prepared to perform a third monologue if asked
- Bring a resume and recent photograph to leave with the audition team