E&TIM is a professional program for student with strong technical backgrounds who aspire to contribute to sustainable value creation. The E&TIM program has attracted a wide range of students with a passion for creating value that leverages science, engineering and new technology.
A wide variety of support and resources are available for E&TIM students both within the E&TIM department as well as across Carnegie Mellon University.
Current students can use the E&TIM M.S. Program Blackboard site as a primary source of communications for E&TIM information and resources including the following:
- Program announcements including speakers, events and workshops
- Program progress including Course Registration Information, Curriculum Planning and Progress tool and E&TIM Internship Assignments
- Career and Internships including professional development tools and resources, internship and full-time job postings
- New Student Information including housing, health services, financial aid
As a part of the graduate student community at Carnegie Mellon, students also have additional resources and support at their disposal.
As a student of the E&TIM program you have access to professional career advising and resources to help facilitate your internship and job search.
E&TIM Career Advisor
Services for Students
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Professional development workshops
- Advice on topics including career exploration, interviewing techniques, salary negotiation etc.
- Mock interviews
- Career Preparation materials are readily available. In addition to career advising and workshops, you may find need to access advice on resumes, cover letters or other job search topics at a time when speaking to your career advisor isn’t possible. Make use of these Career & Professional Development Center materials.
- The Office of International Education is your point of contact to understanding your employment options for CPT and OPT as an international student in the United States.
- Career & Professional Development Center Events including workshops, information sessions and career fairs.
- International Student Resources
- Vault – resource for searching industry and employer profiles
Where are E&TIM graduates working?
- Request a resume book or inquire about recruiting our students
- Post positions to Handshake and recruiting from CMU
- Graduate Education
- The HUB
- Student Affairs
- Office of International Education
- Global Communication Center
- Intercultural Communication
- Campus Computing
- Health Services
- CMU Libraries
- Student Events and Clubs