Public Policy & Outreach
Carnegie Mellon University researchers of all disciplines recognize that technical solutions alone cannot support change unless the technologies are developed with an understanding of the constraints of economics, design, finance, regulation and consumer behavior.
At the Scott Institute, we are unique in our ability to take a systems approach to energy problems and create real-world solutions. One of our objectives is to engage decision makers and the general public to better inform public discourse on energy-related issues with:
Deborah Stine, Associate Director for Policy Outreach, has also written a number of articles for The Hill, a bi-partisan Washington DC political news source.
- How can states respond to EPA's power plant carbon reduction goals? | July 02, 2015
- Which coal-fired plants can use carbon capture to meet EPA goals? | June 10, 2015
- Are we doing better today than on the first Earth Day? | April 22, 2015
- Proposed next steps for the House Republican energy framework | February 13, 2015
- Think nationally, act regionally to advance potential of shale gas | September 17, 2014
- Public opinion on climate change: Is the glass half-full or half-empty for policymakers? | July 11, 2014
- Why Congress should fund social science | June 18, 2014