Innovation for Energy
To lead the world’s transition to a sustainable energy future, substantial innovation is required – from technology to regulation and policy. And for decades, CMU’s innovative work has been known for its contributions to the foundations of industry.
Today, we are working to revolutionize the energy sector as it transitions from fossil fuels to clean energy sources. In addition to creating new materials and processes, the university’s research is resulting in new companies such as Aquion Energy.
Learn about innovative CMU research:
- Students Develop Blueprint for Producing Chemicals from Shale Deposits
- CMU Researchers to Improve Energy Storage Technologies for U.S. Power Grid
- CMU Creates World’s Smallest Fuel Cell Powered by Biology
- Team Developing New Materials and Processes to Improve Power Invertors for Industrial Transformers
- Team to Develop Tools to Monitor U.S. Power Grid
- CMU Unveils Groundbreaking Solutions for Energy-Efficient Lighting
- CMU Joins U.S. Department of Energy Research Consortium To Pioneer New Energy Efficient Building Designs
- Study Shows How Management Of Solar Radiation Impacts Climate Change