Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Download Mobile AppThe first ten minutes of an emergency is critical and you are on your own. This App gives information on what to do before a text or voice message can go out.
The mobile app, available at the iTunes Store, provides:
• Emergency procedures and guidance for 21 different emergencies;
• Crime prevention - Information regarding crimes and crime prevention;
• Links to important Carnegie Mellon websites;
• Interactive maps provide information about locations of Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs);
• Automatic dialing for University Police, Safety Escorts and 911.
The app for Android smartphones is under development.
Please note that the CMU Mobile Alert App is not the same as the CMU Alert emergency notification system, which sends voicemail and text messages to registered subscribers if there is an event/incident that threatens public safety.
By: Madelyn Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-268-1377