Reporting a Lab Injury-Environmental Health & Safety - Carnegie Mellon University

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Reporting a Lab Injury

Most everyone knows that any injury on campus, including the labs, must be promptly reported to one's supervisor.  Frequently, though, the supervisor does not know further what to do in the way of reporting.    

The answer is to go to the EH&S web site and click the link entitled "Occupational and Office Safety."  Then select "Accident Prevention and Reporting" on the left side of the page.  At that link, you will find the form as well as instructions on how to complete it and submit it.   (It is an HR form.)

If you have questions as to whether an incident needs to be reported, it is best to complete the form anyway!

By: Mark Banister,, 412-268-1493