Monday, April 30, 2012
Six Things All Lab People Should Know
1. Where to find the University's Chemical Hygiene plan http://www.cmu.edu/ehs/chemical/CHPFinal.pdf
2. How to report accidents and injuries (to your supervisor; supervisors, check this link: http://www.cmu.edu/hr/benefits/benefit_programs/forms/WCforms.pdf )
3. The location of spill response kits and emergency equipment (eyewash, shower, fire extinguishers) in your lab-ask your supervisor!
4. How to dispose of your hazardous waste-check the EH&S webpage and your safety training handout
5. Location of personal protective equipment and when you are required to use it-ask your supervisor!
6. The location of your Particularly Hazardous Substance (PHS) forms--(ask your supervisor-worry if they don't know what you are asking for!)
Let us know if you have any questions or problems with these things.
By: Mark Banister, firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-268-1493