Thursday, December 8, 2011
Cleaning up the Lab: Housekeeping
Many labs take the holiday break time to do some badly-needed (in some cases) cleaning and housekeeping in their work areas. We strongly encourage this activity but want to remind you of some safe practices as you do this work.
- Dispose of any old, unneeded and un-useable chemicals through our hazardous waste program.
- Dispose of unneeded equipment, glassware, boxes, papers, catalogs, etc.!
- Find a place for all equipment glassware and chemicals, and put them in their places.
- Clear out stored items from under safety showers and from blocking eye washes. Find a permanent alternative place for these things!
- Clean out those dirty sinks!
- Resolve in the new year to tidy up your lab every week!
By: Mark Banister, email@example.com, 412-268-1493