Medical issues are among the most common emergencies, so be sure you know where to turn if you should develop an illness or injury. If you need to call for emergency assistance, you have three options:
- Call 8-2323 from a campus phone or;
- Call 412-268-2323 from a cellular phone or;
- Use Blue Light Emergency Phones located around campus
Students who need emergency medical assistance should go to Student Health Service (Morewood Gardens B-Tower, Room 144).
- Routine and urgent care is available for students
- Phone 412-268-2157, ext. 2 for routine care appointments
- No appointment necessary for urgent care
- Some charges may apply
When classes ARE in session When classes ARE NOT in session Monday 8 am – 7 pm 8:30 am – 5 pm Tuesday 8 am – 7 pm 8:30 am – 5 pm Wednesday 10 am – 7 pm 10 am – 5 pm Thursday 8 am – 7 pm 8 am – 5 pm; Friday 8 am – 5 pm 8:30 am – 5 pm Saturday 11 am – 3 pm Closed Sunday Closed Closed
For emergencies, or if Health Service is closed:
- Call University Police at 412-268-2323 (if using a campus phone, dial 8-2323)
- Physician on-call service: 412-268-2157 (identify yourself as a CMU student)
Faculty/Staff medical assistance can be obtained by calling University Police at 8-2323. Medical transport is available for urgent care.
The university also provides mental health and psychological counseling for those who need it:
- Faculty and staff : LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program at 1-888-267-8126.
- Students may receive counseling and psychological services (CAPS) in Morewood Gardens E-Tower, 2nd floor. Hours during the regular school year are:
- M – W 8:30 am – 8 pm
- Th – F 8:30 am – 5 pm
- Summer Hours are M - F, 8:30 am – 5 pm.
- For after hours emergencies, students should call 412-268-2922 to reach a staff member.