CMU ALERT Emergency Notification Service
NOTE: You may sign up for VOICE or TEXT or BOTH. The Carnegie Mellon Emergency Alert service sends an automated voice and/or text message to your phone to notify you of urgent news concerning the health and welfare of Carnegie Mellon students, faculty and staff. It is not used for any other purpose. Only authorized Carnegie Mellon personnel will be able to send Emergency Alerts to your phone. Your phone number will not be shared or disclosed to anyone other than Carnegie Mellon or the vendor providing this service.
Click "Play" to watch a brief video on our emergenyc alert system, CMU ALERT.
1. Login to http://my.cmu.edu
2. Go to the Emergency Alert Tab.
For Emergency Voice Alerts
1. Check the checkbox under Emergency Voice Alerts
2. Enter the phone number you wish to be notified on
3. Press enter - to verify the number entered is in the correct format
4. Press submit - to complete subscription
For Emergency Text Messages
1. Select your mobile carrier.
2. Check the checkbox.
3. Enter your mobile cell phone number.
4. Press enter - to verify the number entered is in the correct format
5. Press submit - to complete subscription