The Cyert Center for Early Education is a full-day, year round early care and education program for Carnegie Mellon University, serving the children of University faculty, staff, and students. The program first began in 1971 and is part of the Department of Human Resources. The Center enrolls 140 children ages three months through kindergarten and is open from 7:15 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Use the links to the left to learn more about our history, philosophy, organizational structure, and NAYEC accreditation.
The Cyert Center's core values are adapted from the National Association for the Education of Young Children. As a school community, we have a commitment to the following.
- Appreciate and support the bond between each child and family.
- Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual (each child, family member, and educator).
- Promote children's self-awareness, competence, self-worth, resiliency. and well-being.
- Respect diversity in children, families, and educators.
- Recognize that children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships based upon trust and respect.