The Carnegie Mellon campus offers students more than 400 computers in 7 computer labs (known as clusters) Windows, Macs and Linux machines are available in the clusters and most of them are open 24/7. In addition to computer clusters, students can also take advantage of our wireless network.
Below, you'll find links to everything from finding a great price on a computer to making sure you have cable in your dorm room.
- Computing Services is a resource for answers to all of your campus computing questions
- Clusters includes hours of operation and locations of all campus computer clusters
- Computer Education offers training opportunities for staff and faculty
- Computer Repair repairs hardware for students, faculty and staff at reasonable prices
- Computer Store offers discounts for students, faculty and staff buying hardware, software and accessories
- Documentation gives how-to instructions for using many tools on the Andrew network
- Help Center consultants are available by phone and email 7am-7pm, Monday-Friday, walk-in
service is 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
- Media Tech offers equipment lending and event support as well as support for classroom
- Phone & Cable TV provides basic and advanced telecommunications services including
telephones, voicemail, conference calling and long distance