Hitting the Books
Whether you need a bit of assistance in one of your courses or just need to register for a class, this page will point you in the right direction.
Register for classes or find course information:
Find tutoring or advising support:
- The Academic Development Office located in Cyert Hall B5, offers everything from peer tutoring, to supplemental instruction and EXCEL collaborative learning groups, to academic counseling and study skill development. Our services are designed to help both students who are having academic difficulties and those who just want to improve their performance.
- Carnegie Mellon Advising Resource Center (CMARC) is an advising and information center designed to assist undergraduate students of all majors in their academic and social development from their first year through graduation.
Research a topic or read related materials:
- University Libraries is the online hub for the university's three libraries, as well as resources that are housed solely on the web.
Review the academic calendars:
Find research support:
- Undergraduate Research Office (URO) supports student research in every field of study, with SURG grants to cover research expenses, Summer Fellowships for full-time summer research, and Presentation Awards to support students presenting at academic conferences.
- Fellowship Resource Advising Center supports first-year students to post-doctoral students from all majors and disciplines. They offer opportunity deadlines, application help and other resources.