Add an Event
Note: We recommend that you develop guidelines for the types of events your department or organization wants to advertise.
- From the Add Events tab click Browse Events.
- Click Create New Event.
- Complete the fields as follows (all fields marked with an * are required):
- *Calendar: select the event calendar that you want to post an event to
- *Event Title: type a title for the event
- *Date: enter the date of the event
- *Time: select all day event or enter the time range for the event
- Location: enter the event location
- Admission Fee: if applicable, click yes and enter the amount.
- Recurring: If this is a one time event, click does not recur. If the event recurs at regular intervals, select daily, weekly or monthly. Complete the appropriate information and specify an End Date.
- *Description: Enter a description of the purpose for the event.
- *Type (s): select the event type that best describes the category for this event
- *For more information: enter at least one of the following for users to refer to for more information regarding the event: name, phone number, email address or web site
- RSVP Required: If yes, enter the date that a response is required by. Then add at least one of the following resources for users to respond to: name, phone, email, web site.
- Click Preview Event.
- Review the event information.
- If the event information is correct, click Approve.
- If further changes are required, scroll down and make the corrections. Click Preview Event and then click Approve when the information is complete.
Note: If you make additional changes to the event information, you must click Preview Event again before clicking Approve. Otherwise, the changes will not be applied to the stored event information.
Last Updated: 5/26/09