Modify a Group
- From the Groups I Administrator section of the My Groups tab, click on the group name of the group you would like to modify.
- The Group Details for that group display.
- Click Edit Group and modify the fields as follows:
Note: Because cached groups are automatically created and maintained, you will not have the option to edit them.
- Description: Type a short sentence describing the purpose of the group.
- Privacy Flags: This option controls whether the owner and/or list of members can be viewed by those who are not part of the group. Select (check) owner and/or member if the names should be private or hidden.
- Autoremove flags: Select auto remove owner and/or auto remove member to have these names automatically removed from the group if they are no longer associated with the university.
- Administrators & Members: You can remove or add userIDs to the list of administrators and or members.
- To REMOVE an Administrator or Member from the group: Click on the userID you want to remove (or shift+click to select more than one userID) and then click Remove.
- To ADD an Administrator or Member to the group: Enter a userID and select the correct domain (e.g., andrew.cmu.edu, cmu.edu, cs.cmu.edu. etc.) from the drop-down list. Click Add.
Note: To add more than one administrator or member, enter the userIDs separated by a space.
- To lookup a person: Select the Open a new window link near the bottom of the page. The Search People window opens.
- Click Update Group to save your changes.
Last Updated: 9/10/08