Online Credit Card Processing
The online credit card processing service is available to campus affiliates with eligible use cases. To learn if your use case is eligible for the online credit card processing service, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The service performs the following tasks:
- Collects customer credit card information through a secure Web application.
- Processes an authorization and settlement request through the Carnegie Mellon-approved third-party payment processor.
- Displays a response and printable receipt for the customer.
The Credit Card Application (CCA) can process credit card payments using VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. On a more detailed level, the system also:
- Allows authorized personnel within the university to enter their customer’s credit card information through a secure web application and process the authorization and settlement through the Carnegie Mellon approved third party payment processor.
- Allows departments to view their credit card transactions and process credits and settlements against transactions.
- Sends formatted transaction data to departmental systems via email or downloadable files.
- Creates general ledger transactions for credit card payments and credits and processes them through the financial system.
Last Updated: 3/10/16