Online Credit Card Processing Service
The online credit card processing service is available to campus affiliates with eligible use cases; the service performs the following tasks:
- Collects customer credit card information through a secure Web application.
- Processes an authorization and settlement request through the Carnegie Mellon-approved third-party payment processor.
- Displays a response and printable receipt for the customer.
The Credit Card Application (CCA) can process credit card payments using VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. On a more detailed level, the system also:
- Allows authorized personnel within the university to enter their customer’s credit card information through a secure web application and process the authorization and settlement through the Carnegie Mellon approved third party payment processor.
- Allows departments to view their credit card transactions and process credits and settlements against transactions.
- Sends formatted transaction data to departmental systems via email or downloadable files.
- Creates general ledger transactions for credit card payments and credits and processes them through the financial system.
The online credit card processing service is available to students, faculty and staff members with eligible use cases. Follow these steps to learn more and to request the appropriate storefront:
- First, determine if you need a generic or regular storefront.
- Gather information necessary to request a generic OR regular storefront.
Note: If you're not sure if your use case is eligible, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.