Microsoft Campus Agreement
Carnegie Mellon participates in the Microsoft Campus Agreement, an annual license agreement that provides the following software to university owned computers and, with restrictions identified below, to personally owned computers.
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 for Windows (Access, Excel, InfoPath, Lync, Outlook with Business Contact Manager, Publisher, OneNote, PowerPoint, SharePoint Workspace, Word)
- Microsoft Office Professional for Macintosh (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- 32-bit or 64-bit operating system (upgrades only): Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Professional
- Microsoft Core Client Access Licenses (CAL), includes Client Access Licenses for Windows, Exchange, Lync, Forefront Endpoint Protection, System Center Configuration Manager, SharePoint.
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: Covers all university-owned/leased Macintosh/Windows computers and one computer of either type owned by a Student, Faculty, or Staff member
- Available for: Windows and Macintosh
- Who can install it: Faculty, Staff, and Students (includes adjunct faculty members and part-time employees)
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased computers; students can install one copy on personally-owned machines
- Type of license: Annual; June 1st renewal
- Cost to users: The annual fee is share by the colleges, Computing Services, SEI, and central administrative offices
- Where to get it: Purchase media from the Computer Store
- License code required: Yes; the license is provided with the purchase of media
- Getting Help: Contact the Help Center.
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only. Software must be removed from computers if annual payment is not made.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with Carnegie Mellon University.