Saving a Terminal Connection Shortcut
Creating shortcuts to host names or servers that are used often can save the user time. One option is for creating shortcuts in Terminal after already connected.
To create a connection shortcut WHILE ALREADY CONNECTED to the server and save it to your Desktop:
- While connected to the server (that you want to create a shortcut for) through Terminal:
- Mac OS X 10.4 - select File > Save.
- Mac OS X 10.5 - select Shell > Export Settings.
- In the dialog box enter the following:
- Save As: enter a name for the shortcut
- Where: select where you want to save the shortcut to (e.g., to your Desktop).
- Click Save.
If you saved the Terminal connection to your Desktop, simply double-click on the icon to launch terminal and connect to that server.
Last Updated: 11/20/08