SSH Tectia Client User Profiles: Creating & Editing
Profiles are "favorites" or "shortcuts" to servers.
The following are common servers for which you may want to create a profile:
||Typically used by students for file transfers to the Andrew Unix pool of computers.
||Used by HRIS, SIS and PAS customers to obtain reports created by business applications.
Used by a very limited number of power or administrative users to access SIS.
||Typically used by students for access to the Andrew Unix pool of computers.
||Used to access Enterprise applications SIS, HRIS and PAS. Upon login, a menu of systems appears.
Creating a Profile
- Launch Tectia, Start > All Programs > and either Tectia - SSH Terminal or Tectia - Secure File Transfer.
- Select File > Profiles > Add Profile.
- Do one of the following:
- If this is your first time creating a Profile, select General > Default Connection. Select Specify user name, enter your Andrew userID and then click Apply.
- Select Connection Profiles.
- Select Add Profile from the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the following:
- Profile Name: type a name for your profile (e.g., Unix). Do not use periods in your profile name.
- Host Name: type the server name (e.g., unix.andrew.cmu.edu).
- Select Use the Default Connection's user name in the User Name area.
- Click the Windows tab and then select Terminal or File Transfer window.
- Select Create Shortcut if you would like a shortcut on your Desktop.
- Click OK.
Test Your Profile
- Select the Profiles button and then the name of the profile you just added.
- Enter your password when prompted.
- You are now connected to the server.
- The profile is available under the Profiles button for both Tectia applications.
Editing a Profile
- Open the SSH Tectia Client application, Start > All Programs > and either Tectia -Terminal or Tectia - Secure File Transfer.
- Select File > Profiles > Edit Profiles.
- Select the name of the profile you want to edit (e.g., Unix).
- Under the Connection Profiles tab, select and edit the information.
- Click OK.
Last Updated: 11/13/14