Connect Using SSH
Follow these steps to connect to a remote server using Tectia - SSH Terminal:
- Launch Tectia - SSH Terminal (Start > All Programs > Tectia Client > Tectia - SSH Terminal).
- Select File > Quick Connect. The Connect to Server dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the following:
- Host Name: enter the name or address of the server to which you would like to connect (e.g., unix.andrew.cmu.edu)
- User Name: enter your Andrew UserID
- Click Connect.
- If prompted to verify the Host key, select Proceed with the connection and save the key for future use and then click OK. Note: See the SSH Host Keys page for steps to verify the host key.
- Enter your Andrew account password.
- Click OK. You are now connected to the server.
- If prompted, to Add Profile, enter a profile name and then click Add to Profiles. This will save a shortcut to the connected server. For more information on profiles see User Profiles: Creating & Editing.
To disconnect from the server:
- Exit any programs running in the terminal session.
- Select File > Disconnect and then click OK.
- Select File > Exit to close Terminal.
Last Updated: 2/28/13