Scan for Security Risks and Viruses
Symantec Endpoint Protection includes a number of different options for scanning your computer. These options are described within the Scan window; follow these steps:
- Double-click the Symantec shield in the system tray. The Symantec Endpoint Protection window appears.
- Select Scan for Threats.
- Select the type of scan you want to perform:
- Run Active Scan to scan only the most affected areas
- Run Full Scan to scan the entire computer
- Create a New Scan to create a specific type of scan, to be performed at a specific time and on specific files.
Last Updated: 5/4/12