Scan for Security Risks and Viruses
Symantec Endpoint Protection includes a number of different options for scanning your computer. These options are described within the Scan window; follow these steps:
- Launch Symantec. You can do this through the Start button, or by double-clicking the Symantec shield in the system tray.
- The Symantec Endpoint Protection window appears. Select Scan for Threats.
- Select the type of scan you want to perform:
- Run Active Scan to scan only the most affected areas
- Run Full Scan to scan the entire computer
- Create a New Scan to create a specific type of scan to be performed at a specific time and on specific files.
Last Updated: 8/13/13