Managing Infected Files
If a file is infected, it is contained in the Quarantine area. This keeps it from spreading to other areas of your computer. Periodically check the Quarantine area and clear or attempt to repair infected files.
- Select the Symantec logo > Symantec Endpoint Protection > Open Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Select Tools > Quarantine.
- Click the lock icon to make changes.
If prompted, enter an Administrator username and password. This is the Administrator account for the computer you are using.
- Do one of the following:
- Repair the infected file.
Click Repair and follow the onscreen instructions. If the file cannot be repaired, run LiveUpdate again (Symantec logo > LiveUpdate > Update everything now). Repeat steps 1-4 and click Repair.
- Delete the infected file permanently. If the file cannot be repaired and is not important, click Delete to remove it.
- Restore the quarantined item to its original location.
IMPORTANT: Do not restore an item unless you are certain that it is not infected.
Last Updated: 3/7/13