Pine® - a Program for Internet News & Email - is a tool for reading, sending, and managing electronic messages. Pine was developed by Computing & Communications at the University of Washington.
Though originally designed for inexperienced email users, Pine has evolved to support many advanced features, and an ever-growing number of configuration and personal-preference options. Pine is available for Unix as well as for personal computers running a Microsoft operating system (PC-Pine).
Pine Licensing Information
Pine is a Cyrus mail client for Macintosh, Unix and Windows. Pine® - a Program for Internet News & Email - is a tool for reading, sending, and managing electronic messages. Pine was designed by the Office of Computing & Communications at Carnegie Mellon University of Washington specifically with novice computer users in mind, but it can be tailored to accommodate the needs of "power users" as well. Versions are available for various flavors of Unix as well as for personal computers running a Microsoft operating system.
- Campuses covered by this license: All
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: Unlimited
- Available for: Windows and Unix
- Who can install it: Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased and personally owned computers on campus/at home
- Type of license: perpetual
- Cost to users: None
- License code required: None
- Getting help using it: Contct the Help Center, contact information is listed under "Support Contact" on this page
- Restrictions: None
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affliation with Carnegie Mellon University