MS Office: Windows
MS Office media for individual sales is available at the campus Computer Store for a modest media fee. The store anticipates that the department version will be available soon.
Microsoft Office Professional for Windows offers the following tools:
- Access- A database management system (DBMS) that functions in the Windows environment and allows you to create and process data in a database
- Excel - Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program which allows one to enter numerical values or data into the rows or columns of a spreadsheet, and to use these numerical entries for such things as calculations, graphs, and statistical analysis.
- Outlook-Email client
- Publisher - Helps you easily create, customize, and publish materials such as newsletters, brochures, flyers, catalogs, and Web sites. Publish easily on your desktop printer.
- OneNote - A note-taking and information gathering tool.
- PowerPoint - Popular presentation program.
- Word - Word processing tool
Microsoft Campus Agreement - Licensing Information
Carnegie Mellon participates in the Microsoft Campus Agreement, an annual license agreement that provides the following software to university owned computers and, with restrictions identified below, to personally owned computers.
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 for Windows (Access, Excel, InfoPath, Lync, Outlook with Business Contact Manager, Publisher, OneNote, PowerPoint, SharePoint Workspace, Word)
- Microsoft Office Professional for Macintosh (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- 32-bit or 64-bit operating system (upgrades only): Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Professional
- Microsoft Core Client Access Licenses (CAL), includes Client Access Licenses for Windows, Exchange, Lync, Forefront Endpoint Protection, System Center Configuration Manager, SharePoint.
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: Covers all university owned/leased Macintosh and Windows computer and one computer of either type owned by a Student, Faculty, or Staff member
- Available for: Windows and Macintosh
- Who can install it: Faculty, Staff, and Students (includes adjunct faculty members and part-time employees)
- Eligible equipment: University owned/ leased computers on campus/ at home. Students can install one copy on personally owned machines
- Type of license: Annual, June 1 renewal
- Cost to users: The annual fee is share by the colleges, computing services, SEI, and centaral administrative offices
- Where to get it: Purchase media from the Computer Store.
- License code required: Yes. It is provided with the purchase of media
- Getting help using it: Contact the Help Center, contact information is listed under "Support Contact" on this page
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only. Software must be removed from computers if annual payment is not made.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affliation with Carnegie Mellon University