MATLAB is software for mathematical computation, analysis, visualization, and algorithm development.
Computing Services holds a campus agreement which covers faculty, staff, and students for academic research, coursework, and teaching. This license is governed by a FLEXnet license server to which eligible users are identified by their User ID.
Applications, toolboxes, and blocksets available:
MATLAB, Simulink, Bioinformatics Toolbox, Communications Blockset, Communications Toolbox, Control System Toolbox, Curve Fitting Toolbox, Data Acquisition Toolbox, Database Toolbox, Filter Design Toolbox, Fixed-Point Toolbox, Fuzzy Logic Toolbox, Gauges Blockset, Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox, Image Acquisition Toolbox, Image Processing Toolbox, Instrument Control Toolbox, MATLAB Compiler, Mapping Toolbox, Model Predictive Control Toolbox, Model-Based Calibration Toolbox, Neural Network Toolbox, Optimization Toolbox, Parallel Computing Toolbox, Partial Differential Equation Toolbox, RF Blockset, RF Toolbox, Real-Time Windows Target, Real-Time Workshop, Robust Control Toolbox, Signal Processing Blockset, Signal Processing Toolbox, SimDriveline, SimElectronics, SimEvents, SimHydraulics, SimMechanics, SimPowerSystems, Simscape, Simulink Control Design, Simulink Parameter Estimation, Simulink Response Optimization, Spline Toolbox, Stateflow, Stateflow Coder, Statistics Toolbox, System Identification Toolbox, Video and Image Processing Blockset, Virtual Reality Toolbox, Wavelet Toolbox and Symbolic Math Toolbox.
Note: Matlab can be accessed remotely using Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
MATLAB, SIMULINK, and Toolboxes Licensing Information
Computing Services holds a campus agreement which covers faculty, staff, and students for academic research, coursework, and teaching. This license is governed by a FLEXnet license server to which eligible users are identified by their User ID. Faculty, Staff, and Students must install the application on their machine and connect to the server for the application to function. Computers must be connected to the campus network (either on-campus or via VPN). We recommend that users connect to the network via wired connection.
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services
- Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac OS,
- Who can install it: Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Eligible equipment: Andrew Linux workstations, computers in on-campus facilities that are used by students for coursework and research. The computers on the campus network and able to connect to the FLEXnet license server that Computing Services maintains for the MATLAB Campus License.
- Type of license: Annual renewal
- Cost to users: None
- License code required: Yes. It is provided in a text file in the download material.
- Getting help using it: This product is not supported by Computing Services. End user help is not available.
- Restrictions: Use for academic uses only.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with Carnegie Mellon University