MathCAD is a computer algebra system that is distributed by Mathsoft. Mathcad is oriented around a worksheet. Equations and expressions are displayed on the worksheet as you would see them in a mathematical presentation rather than a programming language.
MathCAD Licensing Information
MathCAD is a technical calculation application that transforms the computer into a live worksheet using real math notation to solve complex technical and engineering problems. MathCAD has a familiar scratchpad interface and understands real math notation.
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services, Chemical Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Heinz School, and Mechanical Engineering
- Quantity licensed: 250 seats
- Available for: Windows
- Who can install it: Faculty and Staff
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased equipment
- Type of license: Perpetual, September 1 renewal
- Cost to users: varies, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where to get it: contact email@example.com
- License code required: Yes.
- Getting help using it: This product is not supported by Computing Services. End user help is not available.
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affliation with Carnegie Mellon University