Maple is an interactive mathematical problem-solving and programming environment featuring symbolic, numeric, and visualization facilities. Intelligent symbolic algorithms remove mechanical errors that cost time and impede comprehension. The product includes thousands of mathematical functions covering a variety of disciplines from basic algebra and precalculus, to calculus and differential equations. A wide range of modeling an simulation tools for engineering, finance, physics are part of the application. It also includes tools for web publishing, exporting to Word, LaTeX, and MathML.
Maple Licensing Information
Maple is an interactive mathematical problem-solving and programming environment featuring symbolic, numeric, and visualization facilities.
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in the United States and Qatar
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: Unlimited
- Available for: MacOS, Windows, Unix
- Who can install it: Faculty, Staff, and Graduate students
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased and personally owned computers on campus or at home
- Type of license: perpetual
- Cost to users: None
- License code required: Yes. It is provided in the download material
- Getting help using it: Contact Software Licensing. Contact information is listed under "Support Contact" on this page
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with Carnegie Mellon University