Support Statement: Mac OS X
Computing Services supports the following Mac operating systems.
|Supported Operating Systems
|OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
At this time, Computing Services is offering limited support for Yosemite. See our Yosemite Status Page for current service and software limitations.
|OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Supported with the following exceptions:
- Live streaming audio/video (Moving between wireless access points may interrupt an active stream.)
- Identity Finder (Not currently supported.)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (Upgrade to version 12.1.4 or later.)
|OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
||To be retired May 31, 2015
Level of Support
Computing Services supports Mac OS X and provides the configuration settings necessary for the systems to operate safely on the campus network.
- Students should contact their academic department to determine their recommended operating system(s).
- Faculty and staff should contact their departmental computing administrator or functional business group lead for operating system upgrade recommendations.
The Computing Services Help Center does not perform operating system installations, repairs or restores and does not install drivers.
Hardware & Peripherals:
Computing Services does not install, configure or otherwise support specific hardware or peripherals.
Computing Services supports printing to Computing Services public printers; see Andrew Printing.
Network services for Mac OS X should be configured using the instructions provided on the Connecting pages.
Recommended Configuration Settings:
For OS X to function properly within our computing environment we recommend these configuration settings (Mavericks, Mountain Lion).